Cyber Clocktower Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demiplane Insurance Prices, Summoning Aid

+4
carrot-wizard
Chrysdia_Robin99
GeicoWizard
ABalthasar
8 posters

Go down

Demiplane Insurance Prices, Summoning Aid Empty Demiplane Insurance Prices, Summoning Aid

Post by ABalthasar Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:56 pm

My fellow investigators of the Nets of Inter, today the General Board of Witchcraft has released the new prices for Demiplane insurance and they are OUTRAGEOUS!

1549$ a month for every 100ft3, a 12% increase and at least a few times inflation! This is ridiculous and it might force the Inner Sanctum to close one of its 16 Demiplanes, and by the looks of what my apprentice Similcar has presented me: The eternal happiness plane might need to be shut down for good, all the unicorns there will be without home or jobs.

I look towards my fellows for means to aid my plight, I consider the most terrible curses upon the General Board of Witchcraft
ABalthasar
ABalthasar

Location : The Inner Sactum of Ardakesh, located on Main Street

Back to top Go down

Demiplane Insurance Prices, Summoning Aid Empty Re: Demiplane Insurance Prices, Summoning Aid

Post by GeicoWizard Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:03 pm

Geez, $1549 a month for every 100 cubic feet? That's wild. Even if you kept the demiplane strictly to a height of 8 feet (standard for ceilings), it'd be that much for each 3.5 foot square roughly, that's insane.

Still, I wouldn't mess with the General Board of Witchcraft, I imagine they have some serious wards and could conjure a serious counterattack.
GeicoWizard
GeicoWizard

Back to top Go down

Demiplane Insurance Prices, Summoning Aid Empty Re: Demiplane Insurance Prices, Summoning Aid

Post by Chrysdia_Robin99 Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:07 pm

Ugh, the GBW... Va Mammon's Classroom will resolve this shortly.
Chrysdia_Robin99
Chrysdia_Robin99

Back to top Go down

Post by ABalthasar Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:18 pm

GeicoWizard wrote:Geez, $1549 a month for every 100 cubic feet? That's wild. Even if you kept the demiplane strictly to a height of 8 feet (standard for ceilings), it'd be that much for each 3.5 foot square roughly, that's insane.

Still, I wouldn't mess with the General Board of Witchcraft, I imagine they have some serious wards and could conjure a serious counterattack.

Oh they are a powerful bunch of fellows, fellows who need to be taught a lesson! Rolling Eyes For these pests shall not learn until their skin has turned inside-out. I the Arch Wizards of the Inner Sanctum, might just do it if their pests will not give me an option.

Perchance, have you dabbled in the art of Magical Insurance?
ABalthasar
ABalthasar

Back to top Go down

Post by carrot-wizard Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:19 pm

i can fill their lungs with carrot for you
carrot-wizard
carrot-wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by GeicoWizard Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:23 pm

ABalthasar wrote:
GeicoWizard wrote:Geez, $1549 a month for every 100 cubic feet? That's wild. Even if you kept the demiplane strictly to a height of 8 feet (standard for ceilings), it'd be that much for each 3.5 foot square roughly, that's insane.

Oh they are a powerful bunch of fellows, fellows who need to be taught a lesson! Rolling Eyes For these pests shall not learn until their skin has turned inside-out. I the Arch Wizards of the Inner Sanctum, might just do it if their pests will not give me an option.

Perchance, have you dabbled in the art of Magical Insurance?

I'm a Risk Analyst for a mundane insurance firm. I tend to stay away from Magical Insurance, it's a fairly unstable market, hard to predict the possible extent of damages.
GeicoWizard
GeicoWizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrysdia_Robin99 Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:25 pm

Hello Balthasar,

Check the news in 1.5 hours. Thank you for bringing this troubling matter to our attention.

Robin
Chrysdia_Robin99
Chrysdia_Robin99

Back to top Go down

Post by ABalthasar Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:36 pm

Chrysdia_Robin99 wrote:Hello Balthasar,

Check the news in 1.5 hours. Thank you for bringing this troubling matter to our attention.

Robin

I'm most pleased, I just had a spell slot became available, should the return no be satisfactory, I may take action
ABalthasar
ABalthasar

Back to top Go down

Post by SmittenKitten Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:08 pm

I may be lost or out of the loop as it were but when exactly did Demiplane Insurance start becoming a thing? It was never like such a prominent thing when I was active.
SmittenKitten
SmittenKitten

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Sinful_Arius Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:58 am

SmittenKitten wrote:I may be lost or out of the loop as it were but when exactly did Demiplane Insurance start becoming a thing? It was never like such a prominent thing when I was active.

It became a booming business recently. It is not often that a demiplane would destabilize, however if one should ever happen it would be catastrophic to one's coinpurse. Some took the opportunity to make money by offering insurance to pay for such an occasion.
The_Sinful_Arius
The_Sinful_Arius

Back to top Go down

Post by ABalthasar Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:03 am

SmittenKitten wrote:I may be lost or out of the loop as it were but when exactly did Demiplane Insurance start becoming a thing? It was never like such a prominent thing when I was active.

It became a "thing" after the great calamity of 1892, when the Demiplanes collapsed onto each other across the tri-state area, many good Demiplanes and knowledge was lost, but the treasury ran dry to replace what we could

So Demiplane Insurance was born to aid recouping such costs.
ABalthasar
ABalthasar

Back to top Go down

Post by ABalthasar Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:06 am

Chrysdia_Robin99 wrote:Hello Balthasar,

Robin

There has been no news. My spell is ready to lash out against the General Board, I will have Pyotir, when he returns (He often goes missing), send my demands.

Inform me the news, if there has been any. My patience drains for everyday is closer to day in which I will be forced to pay these outrageous amounts
ABalthasar
ABalthasar

Back to top Go down

Post by Books'n'Brews Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:32 am

See this is why I just pay a klutch of kobolds to use their den for extra storage instead of dealing with all the bureaucracy around demiplanes. Seems exhausting on top of being outrageously expensive. Plus the kobolds are already reptilian so they make great pet sitters for my snakes when I'm out.
Books'n'Brews
Books'n'Brews

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascended-Hermit Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:30 am

Oh Yeah insurance is rough. Luckily Gramps knows the engravings for "True Insurance" all his property is bound to it, and it's essence is reclaimed after destruction for rebirth later. Sure there's some minor mishaps (especially for mass destruction), but a wardrobe imbued with the essence of a fish tank is a small price to pay vs dealing with bureaucrats.
Ascended-Hermit
Ascended-Hermit

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GSI_R8cakAAY_VJ?format=jpg&name=

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum