Cyber Clocktower Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Necromancy Tips & Tricks

+5
Books'n'Brews
D4rk_M4g1k
SteveBascoWizFan
DarkHelvetica
FlickerWicker
9 posters

Go down

Necromancy Tips & Tricks Empty Necromancy Tips & Tricks

Post by FlickerWicker Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:54 am

I made an account, so I may as well make a board.

I mostly dabble in spells regarding the undead: little bit of necromancy, little bit of spirit divining, little bit of divination, that sort of stuff. I thought I may as well share some of the tips I've learned and, I dunno, other people can share theirs as well.

-If a recipe calls for white or brown eggshells, they are lying to you. It doesn't actually matter which. Unless you're trying to make colored dye or something out of eggshells, in which case I guess it matters.

-If a recipe calls for a toad or a frog, it DOES matter. Most people probably already know this, but I learned the hard way. I didn't have any toads left and there are sometimes frogs in the pond nearby, so I thought, hey, why not try a substitution... big mistake.

-Most ghosts are pretty friendly if you just open with small talk. I think there's kind of a stigma around the majority of ghosts being really bitter and vengeful, but that's not my experience? I figure it's gotta be because people immediately open by asking them a bunch of super-personal questions like "how did you die" or "who murdered Abe Lincoln" or whatever. Like, just be respectful? Ask them how they're doing. What their favorite color is. Of course, that's just my two cents.

-You can buy used wands if you want, like, they're cheaper, but they're ALWAYS faulty in some way or another. And you probably shouldn't be using a faulty wand if you're attempting anything necromantic, like me. Messing up a transfiguration potion is bad enough, but messing up trying to raise the dead... yeesh.

Those are some that come to the top of my mind. Anyone else have tips to add?
FlickerWicker
FlickerWicker

semblance.in.shadow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Necromancy Tips & Tricks Empty Re: Necromancy Tips & Tricks

Post by DarkHelvetica Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:06 pm

Tips for necromancy.... I do have a few~

- You really only need a portion of someone's body to "revie" them so to say. A hand is about the smallest you can go, and It's useful to have a couple of animated hands scurrying around at your beck and call~. Any larger is mostly for operational use and for the soul's comfort, if you care for such trivial matters.

-Fresh blood is always better than old blood, and mortal blood is better than magical blood. You can always interchange them if necessary, but fresh, mortal blood absorbs magic most efficiently and quickly. The more clotty, magically soaked, the more blood you'll need. It gets significantly more messy than needs be.

- Always know where your supplies come from. There are alot, and I mean ALOT of shady actors in the necromantic supplies business, in part due to lack of regulation. If you can supply your own materials, you can guarantee they are of the correct quality and grade and avoid the heartbreak of having monkey bones included with your human ones. Then again, lack of regulation is what makes the practice that much more exciting~

- Document, Document, Document. What you do with your supplies after you acquire them doesn't matter, but SOME PEOPLE and organizations can get very picky about certain types and uses of materials. Keep your paperwork in line, or else you might find yourself on the end of some nasty rumors. Spoken form experience, of course~.

And by the way flicker, I love the way you speak~
DarkHelvetica
DarkHelvetica

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBascoWizFan Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:08 pm

Many colors can provide effects that bring a creature (or others) from the graveyard. But both white and black are pretty good at it.
SteveBascoWizFan
SteveBascoWizFan

Back to top Go down

Post by D4rk_M4g1k Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:25 pm

i don't have any other tips that i can think of or asn't been mention.

but i can say that skeleton can be bribe with jazz music and a cool dink. they do not need to drink or even can drink, but just an idea of relaxing next to a cold beer will make them at ease.
D4rk_M4g1k
D4rk_M4g1k

Back to top Go down

Post by Books'n'Brews Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:33 pm

DarkHelvetica wrote:Tips for necromancy.... I do have a few~

- You really only need a portion of someone's body to "revie" them so to say. A hand is about the smallest you can go, and It's useful to have a couple of animated hands scurrying around at your beck and call~. Any larger is mostly for operational use and for the soul's comfort, if you care for such trivial matters.

-Fresh blood is always better than old blood, and mortal blood is better than magical blood. You can always interchange them if necessary, but fresh, mortal blood absorbs magic most efficiently and quickly. The more clotty, magically soaked, the more blood you'll need. It gets significantly more messy than needs be.

- Always know where your supplies come from. There are alot, and I mean ALOT of shady actors in the necromantic supplies business, in part due to lack of regulation. If you can supply your own materials, you can guarantee they are of the correct quality and grade and avoid the heartbreak of having monkey bones included with your human ones. Then again, lack of regulation is what makes the practice that much more exciting~

- Document, Document, Document. What you do with your supplies after you acquire them doesn't matter, but SOME PEOPLE and organizations can get very picky about certain types and uses of materials. Keep your paperwork in line, or else you might find yourself on the end of some nasty rumors. Spoken form experience, of course~.

And by the way flicker, I love the way you speak~

Necromancy is pretty far from my spice and seasoning so if this is a dumb question that's why. But if one wanted to intentionally use mismatched parts in a revival spell or say, had to because it was what was available on hand, does that have any sort of long term repercussions? I've heard of instances with spiritual resonance occurring in these sorts of cases but I don't know how verified those sources are.
Books'n'Brews
Books'n'Brews

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkHelvetica Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:57 pm

Arguably you want spiritual resonance. It why one typically binds the soul of he deceased to their own remains should you require a thinking servant. I think what you meant to say was soul dissonance, and it is certainly an issue. Stronger binds are required when a soul doesn't resonate, as it can develop free will of it's own, and typically, go mad. If you don't know your materials, you run the risk of not using the proper bindings. In addition, arguably the bigger issues is structure of your undead. If you receive monkey and human bones, and try to raise them together without knowing, your undead will have structural weaknesses, the bones won't align properly. Improperly placed bone could snap or warp, then you'd need to reinforce them, and by that point your making an amalgamation and not undead. It just becomes a mess.
DarkHelvetica
DarkHelvetica

Back to top Go down

Post by FlickerWicker Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:21 pm

@DarkHelvetica

Uh. Thanks? I like your PFP.
FlickerWicker
FlickerWicker

Back to top Go down

Post by FlickerWicker Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:25 pm

Also, I remembered another tip while taking a walk today.

If you do any sort of substitution rituals (sacrificial rituals with alternate ingredients to mortal creatures, like objects of significance, magical beings, or the already-undead), CLEAN YOUR EQUIPMENT after use. If you do a traditional ritual with any of the same material later, you don't want little bits of stuffed animal fluff and dry zombie skin getting in your pure human blood and totally ruining its value. 60 bucks, down the drain, because I didn't clean and disinfect my alter well enough.
FlickerWicker
FlickerWicker

Back to top Go down

Post by IHaveNoHandsAndIMustCast Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:26 pm

Has one explored the concept of pulling the soul from some prison- hypothetically we shall say a computer-- and placing that within a new vessel? Or is necromancy far too focused a concept to allow for such manipulation?
IHaveNoHandsAndIMustCast
IHaveNoHandsAndIMustCast

Back to top Go down

Post by FlickerWicker Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:32 pm

@IHaveNoHandsAndIMustCast

Uh. I've never attempted anything like that, but it doesn't sound impossible. I'd love to help you out, I really would, but I'd need a bit more information first. And probably an IT guy on standby.
FlickerWicker
FlickerWicker

Back to top Go down

Post by carrot-wizard Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:40 pm

if a carrot dies you can use the leaves to grow more leaves
carrot-wizard
carrot-wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by summonDOTexe Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:26 pm

When mixing materials, you can test for compatibility by effectively doing a partial ritual. You may need an additional stabilizer so you can back out until you get used to it, but the general idea is to get the parts close and give them just a little power (the more neutral the better, but if you can't for whatever reason, I've found the least harmful aspect for meat is water) and intent. This doesn't guarantee the mix you're testing will play nice with other components though, like whatever you're animating it with, so watch out!
summonDOTexe
summonDOTexe

Back to top Go down

Post by Books'n'Brews Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:03 pm

FlickerWicker wrote:Also, I remembered another tip while taking a walk today.

If you do any sort of substitution rituals (sacrificial rituals with alternate ingredients to mortal creatures, like objects of significance, magical beings, or the already-undead), CLEAN YOUR EQUIPMENT after use. If you do a traditional ritual with any of the same material later, you don't want little bits of stuffed animal fluff and dry zombie skin getting in your pure human blood and totally ruining its value. 60 bucks, down the drain, because I didn't clean and disinfect my alter well enough.

I heard of a necromancer who ended up with a Kin Eater's Brand once because he didn't wash his hands thoroughly enough between his laboratory and his lunch break. lol!
Books'n'Brews
Books'n'Brews

Back to top Go down

Post by glyph_party Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:08 pm

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧
bones, are in libign things- so where tdo ear go after
glyph_party
glyph_party

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content