Cyber Clocktower Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gone too long.

+3
D4rk_M4g1k
DarkHelvetica
Ascended-Hermit
7 posters

Go down

Gone too long. Empty Gone too long.

Post by Ascended-Hermit Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:37 am

Hey there mages 👋.  I'm not one of your ilk, but I've been tasked by my Gramps to gather some info. (He's not the best with technology. His personal wards keep interfering with everything....)

So here's the list of things he said was urgent.

-Library Cards, specifically for those over a millennia old.

-Where to get good Chalk for runes.

-Has there been any new Magic Types discovered?
(He doesn't remember when he went into seclusion,  so what's new to him can be anywhere after the invention of the eletric guitar.)

-What happened to Harold the Demonologist.

-Does anyone still practice the Old Ways of blood magic.

-Recommendations for good acoustic crystals.

-Why does anyone use a toaster? ( 🤦‍� I know...)

I've already explained some, but I'll leave it on the list just incase anyone has some deeper insights.
Ascended-Hermit
Ascended-Hermit

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GSI_R8cakAAY_VJ?format=jpg&name=

Back to top Go down

Gone too long. Empty Re: Gone too long.

Post by DarkHelvetica Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:41 pm

I can share *some* Info mortal, but be sure to reprimand your grandfather for bringing you into the fold without proper training.

- Library card laws change from state to state, millennia by millennia. If your grandfather has not renewed in several thousand years, it will most likely be unable to be used. If there were borrowed books, the penalties could be... severe, depending on location.

- Depending on the type of magic, I know of several stores that sell chalk near the Madder Alms Gate, but those are typically for summonings, dark magic, and blood rituals. Have your grandfather clarify his uses before posting again.

- Harold has been.... indisposed of for quite some time, after he failed to properly seal his circle during the last summoning he preformed. Quite a gruesome display. We have been as of late, unable to contact him on his current plane.

- While not actively practiced, several amongst the Madder Alms community are versed in the Old Ways of Blood Magic. It is the basis for the New Ways after all. If he needs a refresher, have him stop by~
DarkHelvetica
DarkHelvetica

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascended-Hermit Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:48 pm

-Thanks I'll pass it on👍. Though just to be clear, I just call him Gramps, supposedly I'm just the latest in a bloodline of servants. We're supposed to have a family tradition of passing along the rites and traditions of service, but.... He's was in seclusion for so long without contact....
Ascended-Hermit
Ascended-Hermit

Back to top Go down

Post by D4rk_M4g1k Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:56 pm

i can answer about the blood magic and toaster,

-blood magic might be illegal but its quite fun and highly suggest to at least partake in it once has a fun party trick.

-toaster are for people who are scared of fire magic or just don't want to burn there toast accidently.

hope it help Gone too long. 1f603
D4rk_M4g1k
D4rk_M4g1k

Back to top Go down

Post by SubtleSpellWildSurge Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:42 pm

I get my chalk from a guy named rudy. Pretty good stuff, no idea where he gets it. DM me, I'll get you some

SubtleSpellWildSurge

Back to top Go down

Post by Grummz Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:48 am

Accoustic crystals are overrated, if he really needs them, you can just radiate regular store bought crystals for a minute and then bury them for a day to get the same effect
Grummz
Grummz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascended-Hermit Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:50 am

Grummz wrote:Accoustic crystals are overrated, if he really needs them, you can just radiate regular store bought crystals for a minute and then bury them for a day to get the same effect

Yeah I suspect he's a audiophile... He's collected every type of instrument since the stone age. I told him your suggestion and he went into a multi hour rant about frequency and wolf tones...
Ascended-Hermit
Ascended-Hermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Books'n'Brews Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:49 am

You guys don't just make your own chalk? It's super easy to get a base made of ground up eggshells and flour, then you just add whatever reagents you need for your particular practice or ritual. The reagents themselves might be difficult to source, but no more so than if you were trying to find the chalks per-prepared. Not to mention doing it yourself attunes the chalks with your intent and purpose and so will make your practice more potent and personal.
Books'n'Brews
Books'n'Brews

Back to top Go down

Post by Grummz Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:52 pm

Ascended-Hermit wrote:
Grummz wrote:Accoustic crystals are overrated, if he really needs them, you can just radiate regular store bought crystals for a minute and then bury them for a day to get the same effect

Yeah I suspect he's a audiophile... He's collected every type of instrument since the stone age. I told him your suggestion and he went into a multi hour rant about frequency and wolf tones...

I should have figured, in that case youre kinda fucked, unless you got a specific supplier the Acoustic market is fucked by scalpers hoarding every last gem they can find. If you got the money its not the biggest deal, and you can guarantee some top notch shit, but most of these old fucks arent selling for anything less than literal arms and legs
Grummz
Grummz

Back to top Go down

Post by AMALGMATE Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:55 pm

WHAT IS LIBRARY
AMALGMATE
AMALGMATE

AMALGMATE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by D4rk_M4g1k Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:46 pm

A library is a collection of books, and possibly other materials and media, that is accessible for use by its members and members of allied institutions. Libraries provide physical (hard copies) or digital (soft copies) materials, and may be a physical location, a virtual space, or both. A library's collection normally includes printed materials which may be borrowed, and usually also includes a reference section of publications which may only be utilized inside the premises. Resources such as commercial releases of films, television programmes, other video recordings, radio, music and audio recordings may be available in many formats. These include DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, cassettes, or other applicable formats such as microform. They may also provide access to information, music or other content held on bibliographic databases
D4rk_M4g1k
D4rk_M4g1k

Back to top Go down

Post by AMALGMATE Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:11 pm

D4rk_M4g1k wrote:A library is a collection of books, and possibly other materials and media, that is accessible for use by its members and members of allied institutions. Libraries provide physical (hard copies) or digital (soft copies) materials, and may be a physical location, a virtual space, or both. A library's collection normally includes printed materials which may be borrowed, and usually also includes a reference section of publications which may only be utilized inside the premises. Resources such as commercial releases of films, television programmes, other video recordings, radio, music and audio recordings may be available in many formats. These include DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, cassettes, or other applicable formats such as microform. They may also provide access to information, music or other content held on bibliographic databases

LIBRARY IS PLACE THAT KEEPS WIZARD STUFF THAT CAN PLAY MOVIE THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AMALGMATE
AMALGMATE

Books'n'Brews and AMALGMATE like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Books'n'Brews Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:46 pm

Having fun isn't hard when you have a library card~
Books'n'Brews
Books'n'Brews

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content