Cyber Clocktower Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forced Accountability

3 posters

Go down

Forced Accountability Empty Forced Accountability

Post by SubtleSpellWildSurge Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:28 pm

I (316 M Caster) was dabbling in the creation of golems and minions since you guys seem to think conjuring up creatures is pretty cool. Got a neat recipe for a Chilled Golem; a mass of ice and snow that can be molded into different humanoid shapes and WON'T melt during the summer but WILL keep you cool. Maybe I didn't think it through because there are a lot of different Golems out there, but I just wanted to try and make something. So I send out my apprentice (35M Semi-Caster, but not the caster here). The guy misheard me and brought me some of the wrong ingredients. Now instead of a Chilled Golem I have a Child Golem. They look human, but there's no heartbeat and they got a creepy stare. Like there's nothing behind the eyes. I didn't know what to do, but the minute they looked at me they said "father".

Their name is Colus and I am now a single father, but this isn't about that. I know who caused this (it wasn't me), but here is where my Apprentice thinks I'm going overboard. I've decided to take this funny kid on as another apprentice. Barely speaks a word, but at least they FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. I've only got them making potions for now. Not even the dangerous ones, it's just healing potions, but apparently that's too much. The stuff they make is better than store bought too, but since my idiot apprentice botched the ONE TIME I sent them out to get me things, I'm doing it myself. Clearly the quality of ingredients is helping with Colus' growth. Anyway, Colus is nearly a day old now and wants to learn to use a sword. They've started swinging my staff around for training. I keep saying no, but the kid wants to swing a sword.

I'm tempted to get a sword teacher for the guy since I want my staff back, but my apprentice says that I shouldn't bring a normal knight to fight a golem, even if the golem looks like a university student out of one of them modern Japanese TV shows. I think if a sword instructor can't handle a golem then they don't deserve to teach. We fought for a bit longer about this until I called out my apprentice for being jealous. I said he's afraid I'll replace him with Colus. He called Colus about as useful as an SimulAIcrum, then stormed off when I said that at least that implies intelligence.

He is now summoning the undead outside my home. Colus will learn by experience it seems, but is this my fault?

Too Long, Need Scribe: My former apprentice is jealous of my new kid and is attacking me for supposedly playing favorites. I wasn't playing favorites until they insulted Colus.

SubtleSpellWildSurge

Back to top Go down

Forced Accountability Empty Re: Forced Accountability

Post by carrot-wizard Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:55 pm

Colus sounds nice

kill the other one
carrot-wizard
carrot-wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascended-Hermit Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:41 am

Give it 3 days. Make sure the magic holds before showering Colus with favor. Golem are notoriously tricky after the initial 3 days. If Colus isn't trying to murder you after that, then you got yourself a better apprentice than the last.
Ascended-Hermit
Ascended-Hermit

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GSI_R8cakAAY_VJ?format=jpg&name=

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum