Cyber Clocktower Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non-Wizard Interactions with the Forum

+5
SteveBascoWizFan
Chrysdia_Robin99
Stargazer_Cosmic_2005.588
ABalthasar
GeicoWizard
9 posters

Go down

Non-Wizard Interactions with the Forum Empty Non-Wizard Interactions with the Forum

Post by GeicoWizard Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:52 pm

Hey what do we do if someone who may not be a wizard shows up here? Do we just banish them from the forum and move on? Or have they earned an apprenticeship or at least an introduction to the arcane by virtue of finding us?
GeicoWizard
GeicoWizard

Back to top Go down

Non-Wizard Interactions with the Forum Empty Re: Non-Wizard Interactions with the Forum

Post by ABalthasar Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:59 pm

I believe they must be slain by means which no god may resurrect them for those who come here would be the spies of those pricks from the two-state area.
ABalthasar
ABalthasar

Location : The Inner Sactum of Ardakesh, located on Main Street

Back to top Go down

Non-Wizard Interactions with the Forum Empty Re: Non-Wizard Interactions with the Forum

Post by Stargazer_Cosmic_2005.588 Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:01 pm

GeicoWizard wrote:Hey what do we do if someone who may not be a wizard shows up here? Do we just banish them from the forum and move on? Or have they earned an apprenticeship or at least an introduction to the arcane by virtue of finding us?

Seems kind of harsh, I've grown rather fond of Amalgmate. I'd rather he stays.

Back to top Go down

Post by GeicoWizard Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:06 pm

Oh no I didn't mean Amalgmate, he's really great, and also still magical and involved with us at least.

I just meant like totally uninitiated, nonmagical mortals. (exception also granted to Gav since they're working for the Hermit)
GeicoWizard
GeicoWizard

Ascended-Hermit and AMALGMATE like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargazer_Cosmic_2005.588 Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:09 pm

Seems like it'll be hard to make any kind of call with all the exceptions you're throwing out.

Regardless, I think the common folk are welcome to chat with the magically inclined if they just so happen to end up in this space. To me it's no different than if some random so and so were to strike up conversation with me on the street. They've a right to exist just as we do, there's no harm in a little chat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrysdia_Robin99 Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:09 pm

AMALGAMATE is lovely.
Chrysdia_Robin99
Chrysdia_Robin99

semblance.in.shadow, AMALGMATE and GeicoWizard like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargazer_Cosmic_2005.588 Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:10 pm

Chrysdia_Robin99 wrote:AMALGAMATE is lovely.

It is well known.

AMALGMATE and GeicoWizard like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBascoWizFan Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:13 pm

Hey, I mean if they are not that into "Wizard-Stuff", I think they should be allowed to stay and discuss you. We can't have a forum become an echo chamber and how are we going to get more people in here in the future, our community must remain open!
SteveBascoWizFan
SteveBascoWizFan

Chrysdia_Robin99 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archmage Accalon Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:15 pm

I will inform you I have one of my familiars currently watching... the person in question for strange activity. The Tristate Magi Collective recommends a policy of 'open secrecy' when possible.
Archmage Accalon
Archmage Accalon
Admin

https://cybclockcommons.forumotion.com

Chrysdia_Robin99 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GeicoWizard Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:17 pm

I may be confused by the term, what does 'open secrecy' entail? Just doing our thing relatively quietly, but telling anyone who asks?
GeicoWizard
GeicoWizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Wanderer Vel'es Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:19 pm

I personally think you're just opening yourself to more hardship and heartbreak that way, the fleeting life of a common mortal is far too fragile. However, so long as they stay out of my business I do not care what they do in any of yours.
Forest Wanderer Vel'es
Forest Wanderer Vel'es

Back to top Go down

Post by Archmage Accalon Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:21 pm

GeicoWizard wrote:I may be confused by the term, what does 'open secrecy' entail? Just doing our thing relatively quietly, but telling anyone who asks?

You can read more on the subject (T.M.L § 43), but in short if the mortals believe us to be just 'roleplaying' or engaging in imaginary concepts, then there is likely no harm done. It certainly saves costs on memory removal spell components. Many forms of media that circulate the common stereotypes of wizards were made with this purpose in mind.
Archmage Accalon
Archmage Accalon
Admin

https://cybclockcommons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ABalthasar Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Archmage Accalon wrote:
GeicoWizard wrote:I may be confused by the term, what does 'open secrecy' entail? Just doing our thing relatively quietly, but telling anyone who asks?

You can read more on the subject (T.M.L § 43), but in short if the mortals believe us to be just 'roleplaying' or engaging in imaginary concepts, then there is likely no harm done. It certainly saves costs on memory removal spell components. Many forms of media that circulate the common stereotypes of wizards were made with this purpose in mind.

Then I shall refrain from continuing my spell bounce
ABalthasar
ABalthasar

Location : The Inner Sactum of Ardakesh, located on Main Street

Back to top Go down

Post by AMALGMATE Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:35 am

I FEEL LOVED!!!
AMALGMATE
AMALGMATE

semblance.in.shadow and AMALGMATE like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascended-Hermit Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:27 am

Thanks for the vote of confidence. But let it be said I've got my documentation in order. Officially I'm the a experiment or oddity, as far as legal reasons go.
Ascended-Hermit
Ascended-Hermit

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GSI_R8cakAAY_VJ?format=jpg&name=

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargazer_Cosmic_2005.588 Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:50 pm

Ascended-Hermit wrote:Thanks for the vote of confidence. But let it be said I've got my documentation in order. Officially I'm the a experiment or oddity, as far as legal reasons go.

I hate to pry, but I'd love some elaboration on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascended-Hermit Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:22 pm

Sure. Since I'm Mana Neutral and a frankly invisible to all ambient mana, I am applicable for the title Oddity. Gramps says the taxes are cheaper than putting me as apprentice, or servant.
-Gav
Ascended-Hermit
Ascended-Hermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargazer_Cosmic_2005.588 Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:50 pm

Ascended-Hermit wrote:Sure. Since I'm Mana Neutral and a frankly invisible to all ambient mana, I am applicable for the title Oddity. Gramps says the taxes are cheaper than putting me as apprentice, or servant.
-Gav

Fascinating! And remarkibly frugal on your grandfather's part.

That would certainly make any aspirations of being a caster yourself quite difficult. A blessing for a sufficently powerful cosmic body or entity should be able to offset that, but that's not always the easiest thing to accomplish...

Ah! There I go pondering though, I'm sure you've already had plenty of time to think on solutions to your situation, if you are in the market for them. I'm sure you have little need for the input of an old soul like myself.

If exploring that possibility is something you're interest in though, let me know. As a self respecting Astronomologist I feel it's my responsibility to offer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargazer_Cosmic_2005.588 Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:50 pm

And that's not an exclusive offer either. The stars have plenty of power to give if anyone finds themselves in need.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascended-Hermit Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:06 pm

No solutions required. Supposedly this ability is why my family was spared from the purges. Not to mention any attunement to outer forces may ruin the delicate balance keeping alive in Gramps multi-layered wards.
Ascended-Hermit
Ascended-Hermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down